Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Bird-Days!

 Today marks the 22nd anniversary of my new name, MOM! Yes, today my first and oldest son turns 22 years old.  (I really don't feel that old..)  If y'all have kids that old (or older) do you find it harder and harder to get them the perfect gift?  Gift cards and money seem practical but less sentimental, but lets face it, that's is pretty much what they would like.  So, that brings me to my creative hunt for the perfect gift that includes something they would love and something they all need...

To start off I printed out some digital images from The Greeting Farm and colored them all using my Copic markers.


Next, I stamped some birds from My Favorite Things set Toucan Do It.  I like to use my Misti or my Stamparatus (whichever is closer to me at the time) to get the nice clean stamped image.

Now it's time to put everything together!  My son loves volunteering at the bird sanctuary every weekend, so I thought it was only fitting that I make him a insert for his gift with birds on it.  And yes, he does own his own bird now too!  Mr. Cosmo makes himself known throughout the house ALL DAY LONG!!  One of the reasons why I hesitate on ever doing a live video of my coloring..

And here is the final project! All Andy's favorite things!!  Why is there a green fork and spoon you ask, just because it's green and a goofy thing to put in there.  Andy will laugh at it.


Supplies used:

The Greeting Farm digital stamps

My Favorite Things stamp Toucan Do It

Copics used:

Cockatoo: Y000,Y02,C0,T4,T6, and R46

Toucan: T3.T4.T6, B34,B37,R27,R29,R46,YR16,YR18 and YG23

Concure: G19,BG11,BG13,T3,T6,YR03 and YR05

Balloons: YG05,YG13, YG23,Y02,BG07,BG34,B02,B16,B37,G2,G17,G19,G24,G85 and G94

Streamers: R29,R39,YG01,YG03,Y11,Y15,YR16 and YR18

Background was inked up with the Ranger Distressed Oxide Inks Peacock Feathers and Mermaid Lagoon.


  

2 comments:

  1. That is a fun and great idea!! Love it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great gift idea! And the toucan card was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Skipped Halloween and Thanksgiving and went right to Christmas!

 Hey all. No, I'm not really skipping Halloween and Thanksgiving, I just need to make lots and lots of Christmas tags for the local kids...