Saturday, August 22, 2020

My first post... Oh boy, here goes nothing!

My friend had been wanting me to start a blog for years now.  I kept brushing it off.  Who would want to follow a stay at home wife and mother of four kids?  What kind of excitement could I offer to readers?  Would I be scrutinized for my lack of spelling or punctuation?  Well, I AM just a wife, mom and a normal everyday person who loves to craft.  I am not perfect by any means!

So, here is a little about me. I was born and raised in Iowa and then moved down to sunny Florida. This is where I met a quiet good looking guy I worked with and things just moved fast from there!  I have been married for over 20 years. My husband has supported me through all my crazy crafty ideas. We have a different sense of humor so we click together perfectly! We have four kids and a house full of pets for each one of us to take care of (which really means, me reminding everyone to take care of THEIR own pets). 

My hopes for this blog is to showcase my creative side and maybe snag a few followers. I don't know where this will lead, but at least it will give me a place to post my pictures of my creations that I have made (maybe at least my mom will follow me if no one else does!😉). Hopefully, it will also show my husband that I can find another use for this new computer other then shopping on Amazon and stocking my coloring idols! Speaking of coloring, I love to color stamps with my Copic markers. I am pretty okay with coloring, but there is always room for improvement. Maybe as I improve, I will inspire you to pick up some markers and color along with me!


Anyways, I think that is enough for a first post.  Wouldn't want to put anyone to sleep with the first visit here!

Keep creating!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so excited that you're starting this blog! You make beautiful and unique cards and I'm happy that you'll be sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are by far the craftiest person I know! I can’t wait to see what you post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always inspire me to do new things, I love crafting with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea for someone who does excellent crafting and teaching of those craft ideas to others. Looking forward to see what is next here. Good luck with your following.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to see you sharing your talents. You have serious skills. Love your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It will be fun and exciting to see what crafts and cards you post.

    ReplyDelete

Skipped Halloween and Thanksgiving and went right to Christmas!

 Hey all. No, I'm not really skipping Halloween and Thanksgiving, I just need to make lots and lots of Christmas tags for the local kids...